Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Small Brother


Time pass. We grow up. Try to leave behind our deeply-rooted childishness.
And try to imitate grown-ups to feel grown up ourselves at times.
I've been no exception.
Likewise I've learnt that growing up takes time and can be a real challenge for people who strive, searching answers for life's tricky MCQ's.
I remember being rescued in one such sticky episode of life by my little brother, who had been hunting down the house for a playmate, found me instead, and begged me to play one game of Snake and Ladder with him.
I played with him ; after, what seemed like decades.
I won, and the pure happiness I felt at winning against my brother made me realise, after a bloody long time, what's it like to be a sister.
When was the last time I felt sisterly? I've no clue.
Dear brother, you are an ass, but you are one of those rare persons who drags me rightly from trying too hard to impress others, and ushers me into a role where I fit in effortlessly, realising that there's a thin line between my burgeoning adulthood and your formative childhood.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment